Monday, January 25, 2010

A special day

Have any of you been to the pasar malam(night market)? My family went there yesterday night and we enjoyed it. There were numerous things on sale such as watches, wallets, antiques, books and sumptous food. There are different brands of watches on sale but mostly are for children. I was shocked to see leather wallets on sale and wondered if they acquired the leather from poachers. If my assumption is true, then I pity the animals which were killed for their skins. I cannot believe the heartlessness of the poachers and the buyers. According to the world wide fund's slogan"If the buying stops, the killing can too." I was astonished at the sight of an array of antiques , such as old porcelain vases, bronze statues of buddhas and copper coins used during the olden days of ancient China. Numerous books of different types were laid on tables which comprises of storybooks for the young and old, recipe books, knowledge books and comics. There are many novels and fiction books for sale by renowned authors like J.K Rowling and Roald Dahl. Not only that there are also books on the Star wars series. There are knowledge books on aircraft, submarines, guns, history of england and cars. Last of all, there are the local delicacies and drinks. The vendors were busily trying to attract attention of the passer-bys to buy their food and drinks. In this competition, the vendor with the loudest voice succeeds. Though, we did not purchase anything, I enjoyed the experience as it is something special in Singapore. Well, it's getting late and I am turning in.

My pet chickens. Do they remind you of fried chicken? Wonder how do they look like when they are fried?

No comments:

Post a Comment